According to scholars, the Seal of Prophethood (Khatm al-Nubuwwah) was a piece of flesh located at the Prophet Muhammad’s (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) back, between his shoulders. Scholars differ in opinion concerning its shape and what was written on it.
Among its benefits mentioned by Imam al-Tirmidhi are:
Whoever looks at the Seal of Prophethood in the state of ablution:
1. During Fajr shall be preserved by Allah till evening.
2. During Maghrib shall be preserved by Allah till morning.
3. During the beginning of the month, shall be preserved by Allah from disasters and death till the end of the month.
4. During travel, Allah will make the journey blessed.
5. Whoever dies within a year shall die in Iman.